Let's hit the road!
It’s time to join Chris Marais and Julienne du Toit, authors of the bestselling Karoo Keepsakes series, for a classic holiday adventure via the pages of their Traveller’s Companion book, Road Tripper Eastern Cape Karoo.
- Go pub-crawling, padstal-shopping and stoep-sitting;
- Watch champion sheep shearers, dig in at a food festival and sip sherry in a Victorian-era hotel;
- Hunt for fossils, fish for monster trout and wake up on a Karoo farm;
- Ride mountain bikes on dusty trails, motorcycles on back roads and walk the veld in search of artefacts;
- Celebrate life with some of the friendliest and most interesting people who call the Karoo home.
It’s all about Disconnection, Discovery & Delight.
Unusual and exciting roadside attractions to discover on your next trip to the Eastern Cape Karoo.
Christmas 2017 rains have fallen all over the Karoo – a timely blessing.
How two Jo’burgers downsized and moved to the Karoo Heartland of South Africa
The Karroo Theatrical Hotel outside Steytlerville sports a new array of festival masks made by La Carla Atelier near Plettenberg Bay on South Africa’s Garden Route.
Some useful advice on moving to the Karoo.
THE MAGIC PLACE
Here at Karoo Space you will discover old stories from an ancient land; visit Victorian-era villages that time passed by; trade with a million people in 101 towns; learn why the Karoo must be protected; celebrate with food and festivals.
COME WITH US. WE KNOW THE WAY.