Let's hit the road!
It’s time to join Chris Marais and Julienne du Toit, authors of the bestselling Karoo Keepsakes series, for a classic holiday adventure via the pages of their Traveller’s Companion book, Road Tripper Eastern Cape Karoo.
- Go pub-crawling, padstal-shopping and stoep-sitting;
- Watch champion sheep shearers, dig in at a food festival and sip sherry in a Victorian-era hotel;
- Hunt for fossils, fish for monster trout and wake up on a Karoo farm;
- Ride mountain bikes on dusty trails, motorcycles on back roads and walk the veld in search of artefacts;
- Celebrate life with some of the friendliest and most interesting people who call the Karoo home.
It’s all about Disconnection, Discovery & Delight.
Thanks to Gussie and Baba Botha, Vukusebenze Shelter in Cradock is a living testament to the kindness of local people and visitors.
The Rest Farm, one of the most extraordinary hideaways in the Eastern Cape Karoo,
The amazing vegetable gardens – and people – of the Cradock Prep School.
Extract from Antony Osler’s latest book, Mzansi Zen – Karoo train journeys.
Part 2 of a Karoo Road Trip that leads a trio of senior fellows across the Northern Cape.
THE MAGIC PLACE
Here at Karoo Space you will discover old stories from an ancient land; visit Victorian-era villages that time passed by; trade with a million people in 101 towns; learn why the Karoo must be protected; celebrate with food and festivals.
COME WITH US. WE KNOW THE WAY.