Let's hit the road!
It’s time to join Chris Marais and Julienne du Toit, authors of the bestselling Karoo Keepsakes series, for a classic holiday adventure via the pages of their Traveller’s Companion book, Road Tripper Eastern Cape Karoo.
- Go pub-crawling, padstal-shopping and stoep-sitting;
- Watch champion sheep shearers, dig in at a food festival and sip sherry in a Victorian-era hotel;
- Hunt for fossils, fish for monster trout and wake up on a Karoo farm;
- Ride mountain bikes on dusty trails, motorcycles on back roads and walk the veld in search of artefacts;
- Celebrate life with some of the friendliest and most interesting people who call the Karoo home.
It’s all about Disconnection, Discovery & Delight.
First reviews of Road Tripper – Eastern Cape Karoo by Chris Marais & Julienne du Toit.
Williston in die Noord Kaap se Bo-Karoo maak al reg vir sy jaarlikse Winterfees, maar daar is sommer heelwat ander ape in dié dorpie se mou.
Despite being beside the Fish River, Cradock has had constant water supply problems for nearly three years, caused by Chris Hani District Municipality. Residents are furious.
Some of the successful couples who make the Karoo village of Nieu Bethesda work.
The pub crawl possibilities and retail delights along Route 62, Western Cape, South Africa
THE MAGIC PLACE
Here at Karoo Space you will discover old stories from an ancient land; visit Victorian-era villages that time passed by; trade with a million people in 101 towns; learn why the Karoo must be protected; celebrate with food and festivals.
COME WITH US. WE KNOW THE WAY.