Let's hit the road!
It’s time to join Chris Marais and Julienne du Toit, authors of the bestselling Karoo Keepsakes series, for a classic holiday adventure via the pages of their Traveller’s Companion book, Road Tripper Eastern Cape Karoo.
- Go pub-crawling, padstal-shopping and stoep-sitting;
- Watch champion sheep shearers, dig in at a food festival and sip sherry in a Victorian-era hotel;
- Hunt for fossils, fish for monster trout and wake up on a Karoo farm;
- Ride mountain bikes on dusty trails, motorcycles on back roads and walk the veld in search of artefacts;
- Celebrate life with some of the friendliest and most interesting people who call the Karoo home.
It’s all about Disconnection, Discovery & Delight.
Karoo Keepsakes, Karoo Keepsakes II and Road Tripper – Eastern Cape Karoo are great reads, wonderful gifts and excellent inspirations for a life-changing road trip through South Africa’s heartland.
The Road Tripper – Eastern Cape Karoo wins award at the 2017 Richmond Bookbedonnerd Festival.
C&D Stores in Tarkastad, Eastern Cape, where you can buy an astonishing array of stuff.
The middle of October 2017 was a bad week for uranium miners and fracking supporters. But a very fine one for the Karoo.
A successful tech start-up in the Eastern Cape Karoo town of Somerset East, South Africa
THE MAGIC PLACE
Here at Karoo Space you will discover old stories from an ancient land; visit Victorian-era villages that time passed by; trade with a million people in 101 towns; learn why the Karoo must be protected; celebrate with food and festivals.
COME WITH US. WE KNOW THE WAY.