Let's hit the road!
It’s time to join Chris Marais and Julienne du Toit, authors of the bestselling Karoo Keepsakes series, for a classic holiday adventure via the pages of their Traveller’s Companion book, Road Tripper Eastern Cape Karoo.
- Go pub-crawling, padstal-shopping and stoep-sitting;
- Watch champion sheep shearers, dig in at a food festival and sip sherry in a Victorian-era hotel;
- Hunt for fossils, fish for monster trout and wake up on a Karoo farm;
- Ride mountain bikes on dusty trails, motorcycles on back roads and walk the veld in search of artefacts;
- Celebrate life with some of the friendliest and most interesting people who call the Karoo home.
It’s all about Disconnection, Discovery & Delight.
Coast to Coast – Life along South African Shores by Chris Marais & Julienne du Toit – exploring the lore of Alexander Bay in the Northern Cape.
The world’s finest mohair comes from South Africa – excerpt from Road Tripper Eastern Cape Karoo
In this excerpt from Road Tripper Eastern Cape Karoo we profile the extraordinary Lucky Adams, marathon runner from Cradock.
The 2016 Midland Bat, South Africa’s oldest active cricketing trophy, was won this year by Cradock’s Standard Cricket Club.
Die Tuishuise and Victoria Manor Hotel feature in Road Tripper – Eastern Cape Karoo.
THE MAGIC PLACE
Here at Karoo Space you will discover old stories from an ancient land; visit Victorian-era villages that time passed by; trade with a million people in 101 towns; learn why the Karoo must be protected; celebrate with food and festivals.
COME WITH US. WE KNOW THE WAY.