Let's hit the road!
It’s time to join Chris Marais and Julienne du Toit, authors of the bestselling Karoo Keepsakes series, for a classic holiday adventure via the pages of their Traveller’s Companion book, Road Tripper Eastern Cape Karoo.
- Go pub-crawling, padstal-shopping and stoep-sitting;
- Watch champion sheep shearers, dig in at a food festival and sip sherry in a Victorian-era hotel;
- Hunt for fossils, fish for monster trout and wake up on a Karoo farm;
- Ride mountain bikes on dusty trails, motorcycles on back roads and walk the veld in search of artefacts;
- Celebrate life with some of the friendliest and most interesting people who call the Karoo home.
It’s all about Disconnection, Discovery & Delight.
Some useful advice on moving to the Karoo.
Karoo Keepsakes, Karoo Keepsakes II and Road Tripper – Eastern Cape Karoo are great reads, wonderful gifts and excellent inspirations for a life-changing road trip through South Africa’s heartland.
Every year in November, tens of thousands of compact raptors fly from breeding grounds in Russia and Kazakhstan to small Karoo dorps. Why?
Celebrating the iconic windpumps of the South African Karoo veld.
The Road Tripper – Eastern Cape Karoo wins award at the 2017 Richmond Bookbedonnerd Festival.
THE MAGIC PLACE
Here at Karoo Space you will discover old stories from an ancient land; visit Victorian-era villages that time passed by; trade with a million people in 101 towns; learn why the Karoo must be protected; celebrate with food and festivals.
COME WITH US. WE KNOW THE WAY.