Let's hit the road!
It’s time to join Chris Marais and Julienne du Toit, authors of the bestselling Karoo Keepsakes series, for a classic holiday adventure via the pages of their Traveller’s Companion book, Road Tripper Eastern Cape Karoo.
- Go pub-crawling, padstal-shopping and stoep-sitting;
- Watch champion sheep shearers, dig in at a food festival and sip sherry in a Victorian-era hotel;
- Hunt for fossils, fish for monster trout and wake up on a Karoo farm;
- Ride mountain bikes on dusty trails, motorcycles on back roads and walk the veld in search of artefacts;
- Celebrate life with some of the friendliest and most interesting people who call the Karoo home.
It’s all about Disconnection, Discovery & Delight.
Friendly encounters with South Africa’s own Robinson Crusoe, Ben Dekker.
Celebrating the iconic windpumps of the South African Karoo veld.
Not only is the riverine rabbit critically endangered, it is found only in the Karoo. New technology though, is capturing it in novel places.
First reviews of Road Tripper – Eastern Cape Karoo by Chris Marais & Julienne du Toit.
Freelance journalism is not for sissies – as Chris Marais finds out on the road in The Journey Man.
THE MAGIC PLACE
Here at Karoo Space you will discover old stories from an ancient land; visit Victorian-era villages that time passed by; trade with a million people in 101 towns; learn why the Karoo must be protected; celebrate with food and festivals.
COME WITH US. WE KNOW THE WAY.