Let's hit the road!
It’s time to join Chris Marais and Julienne du Toit, authors of the bestselling Karoo Keepsakes series, for a classic holiday adventure via the pages of their Traveller’s Companion book, Road Tripper Eastern Cape Karoo.
- Go pub-crawling, padstal-shopping and stoep-sitting;
- Watch champion sheep shearers, dig in at a food festival and sip sherry in a Victorian-era hotel;
- Hunt for fossils, fish for monster trout and wake up on a Karoo farm;
- Ride mountain bikes on dusty trails, motorcycles on back roads and walk the veld in search of artefacts;
- Celebrate life with some of the friendliest and most interesting people who call the Karoo home.
It’s all about Disconnection, Discovery & Delight.
Nothing removes organic stains as well as boerseep. And as we found out in Murraysburg, this traditional laundry soap is still made the same old way.
Startled motorists sometimes spot giant earthworms crossing Karoo roads after heavy rains.
Trains, Planes, Automobiles, Tanks & Tractors all gather in a ten-day heritage machine festival at Sandstone Estates in the Eastern Free State in April 2017. Here’s why you just can’t miss it.
Where the hell is Gordonia? And where did the river pirates bury their treasure?
The pub crawl possibilities and retail delights along Route 62, Western Cape, South Africa
THE MAGIC PLACE
Here at Karoo Space you will discover old stories from an ancient land; visit Victorian-era villages that time passed by; trade with a million people in 101 towns; learn why the Karoo must be protected; celebrate with food and festivals.
COME WITH US. WE KNOW THE WAY.