Let's hit the road!
It’s time to join Chris Marais and Julienne du Toit, authors of the bestselling Karoo Keepsakes series, for a classic holiday adventure via the pages of their Traveller’s Companion book, Road Tripper Eastern Cape Karoo.
- Go pub-crawling, padstal-shopping and stoep-sitting;
- Watch champion sheep shearers, dig in at a food festival and sip sherry in a Victorian-era hotel;
- Hunt for fossils, fish for monster trout and wake up on a Karoo farm;
- Ride mountain bikes on dusty trails, motorcycles on back roads and walk the veld in search of artefacts;
- Celebrate life with some of the friendliest and most interesting people who call the Karoo home.
It’s all about Disconnection, Discovery & Delight.
Some of the successful couples who make the Karoo village of Nieu Bethesda work.
The pub crawl possibilities and retail delights along Route 62, Western Cape, South Africa
The Stilfees – an extraordinary music festival in a poplar grove on a farm just outside the Western Cape Karoo town of Murraysburg.
Coast to Coast – Life along South African Shores by Chris Marais & Julienne du Toit – exploring the lore of Alexander Bay in the Northern Cape.
The world’s finest mohair comes from South Africa – excerpt from Road Tripper Eastern Cape Karoo
THE MAGIC PLACE
Here at Karoo Space you will discover old stories from an ancient land; visit Victorian-era villages that time passed by; trade with a million people in 101 towns; learn why the Karoo must be protected; celebrate with food and festivals.
COME WITH US. WE KNOW THE WAY.