Let's hit the road!
It’s time to join Chris Marais and Julienne du Toit, authors of the bestselling Karoo Keepsakes series, for a classic holiday adventure via the pages of their Traveller’s Companion book, Road Tripper Eastern Cape Karoo.
- Go pub-crawling, padstal-shopping and stoep-sitting;
- Watch champion sheep shearers, dig in at a food festival and sip sherry in a Victorian-era hotel;
- Hunt for fossils, fish for monster trout and wake up on a Karoo farm;
- Ride mountain bikes on dusty trails, motorcycles on back roads and walk the veld in search of artefacts;
- Celebrate life with some of the friendliest and most interesting people who call the Karoo home.
It’s all about Disconnection, Discovery & Delight.
The unique geology and flat-topped mountains of the Karoo have their origin in ancient inland seas, giant mountains and fiery lava.
Being a Karoo farmer is one of the toughest jobs in the world. Forward-thinking veld management ways have taken root here, notably around Graaff-Reinet.
An hilarious armchair-travel read about a long journey around the coastline of South Africa.
A lavishly photographed coffee table book on the coastline of South Africa.
A three-month Namibian road trip becomes a popular travel book.
THE MAGIC PLACE
Here at Karoo Space you will discover old stories from an ancient land; visit Victorian-era villages that time passed by; trade with a million people in 101 towns; learn why the Karoo must be protected; celebrate with food and festivals.
COME WITH US. WE KNOW THE WAY.