Let's hit the road!
It’s time to join Chris Marais and Julienne du Toit, authors of the bestselling Karoo Keepsakes series, for a classic holiday adventure via the pages of their Traveller’s Companion book, Road Tripper Eastern Cape Karoo.
- Go pub-crawling, padstal-shopping and stoep-sitting;
- Watch champion sheep shearers, dig in at a food festival and sip sherry in a Victorian-era hotel;
- Hunt for fossils, fish for monster trout and wake up on a Karoo farm;
- Ride mountain bikes on dusty trails, motorcycles on back roads and walk the veld in search of artefacts;
- Celebrate life with some of the friendliest and most interesting people who call the Karoo home.
It’s all about Disconnection, Discovery & Delight.
Song for the Karoo – Helen Lockhart
Daar’s ‘n inskripsie op ‘n rots bo-op Oukop, ‘n heuwel wat waghou oor Cradock, wat lees: “what availe it a man that he gain the whole world, but lose his own soul.”
The heat of an old-time Karoo kitchen.
Strange discoveries along Karoo roads.
Harry Potter lies buried in a graveyard in Cradock.
THE MAGIC PLACE
Here at Karoo Space you will discover old stories from an ancient land; visit Victorian-era villages that time passed by; trade with a million people in 101 towns; learn why the Karoo must be protected; celebrate with food and festivals.
COME WITH US. WE KNOW THE WAY.